UK Trade & Investment
Call 020 7215 8000 to find out how to get in touch with an International Trade Adviser in your area.
Expertise, Advice and Mentoring
How can they help?
Structured advice and support to prepare your company to start exporting, with the aim to improve your company’s exporting capabilities and to help you enter new export markets.
What does it do?
What you receive will be designed to meet your needs, but you will typically receive:
• Assessment of your company’s ability to export;
• Help with a plan to help you start exporting, improve your exporting capability, or enter new export markets;
• Advice and support enabling you to put your plans into action
What will it achieve for me and my business?
Help is tailored to individual company needs but you may get help from an experienced International Trade Adviser to:
• Gain the skills needed to trade internationally;
• Learn how to conduct market research;
• Travel to new markets and participate in trade fairs;
• Learn how to overcome cultural barriers to exporting;
• Receive information, contacts and on the spot assistance to help you win business in new overseas markets.
You should see improved business results.
How much will it cost? This depends on what you require. Most of their help is free but there are charges (albeit at a subsidised rate) for some of the services, notably from UKTI staff overseas. SMEs, inexperienced in trading internationally may be eligible for grant towards market research, overseas visits, participation in trade fairs etc. The scheme is aimed at any businesses that are deemed to be suitable and ready to export.
Most support is available throughout the UK. Certain aspects of intensive assistance are for England only. The Devolved Administrations have comparable schemes. This product is open to all UK businesses and those that make a significant contribution to the UK economy. Which is how it should be learn to be generous and you will find that the benefits are amazing. Some specific named programmes are only open to companies that meet the EU definition of an SME. Some aspects of the product are chargeable but at a subsidised rate.
Public limited company
Maximum of employee 249